We are always in need of more volunteers. If you’d like to donate your time please contact us or show up during any of our open hours.
We have monthly volunteer hours before each Sunday open shop. Stop by on the first Sunday of each month from noon-3PM to help us organize and fix the shop. Volunteer hours are a lot of fun and a great chance to meet people. There might even be free pizza.
Volunteering as a mechanic is a great way to learn advanced bike mechanic skills. If you feel comfortable teaching basic skills like flat tire repair and brake and derailleur adjustments come to any open shop and ask to be in charge of a stand.
If you don’t feel like you have enough mechanic skills to teach, there are plenty of other things that you can do to help. Here is an incomplete list of skills and tasks that would help us out:
- Organizing and sorting parts
- Greeting folks and helping create a welcoming atmosphere
- Installing and wiring electrical fixtures
- Interpreting (especially Spanish)
- Plumbing/graywater sink installation
- Mural and visual art design
- Stripping bikes for parts
- Patching tubes
We are also constantly in need of goods. If you would like to donate, here’s a list of items we need:
- Tools (especially metric wrenches and bike specific tools)
- High quality, working bike parts that have been stripped
- Heavy duty storage fixtures
- Bike lubricants, grease, degreasers, and other fluids
- Cables, housing, brake pads, and other consumables
- Lighting fixures
- Screenprinting supplies
- Helmets, lights, and other bike safety supplies
We’re currently not taking donations of non-working bikes, bike frames, and department store bike components. If you’d like to make a cash donation or you’re not sure if we could use your donations, please ask us!